29 February 2008

DEX C20 - Day 15

Well, this week has been a rough one... I've had a very strange period, if you must know, so I think that has been affecting the way the Dex is working. I haven't felt super full after eating this week, and on Wednesday, I was having major hypoglycemia issues... out of the blue! Again, probably due to my cycle... lovely things, those are. :P Plus I missed both BodyPump’s this week due to work issues. I've been trying to keep up with power-walking, yoga, and pilates, but it's hard when you're having headache and stomach problems.

Things are getting back to normal though, and this morning I wasn't hungry until the usual 10:30 time. Oh, I've also started taking my left-over Hoodia along with the Dex, to see if a double-plant dose helps each other work better. If it doesn't work, at least I got rid of my left-over Hoodia... :)

On a positive note, I have noticed my shirts feeling looser! Not a ton, but enough to be noticed. Pilates and BodyPump are my main focus these days... I heard building muscle is a great (if not best) way to burn fat quickly. I've decided to have a slow outlook on losing weight and toning my body - meaning I'm not going to stress-out about eating super-well every single day of the week. This will be a slow burn, and I might not even be at my ideal weight until next year! I know summer will definitely help with weekend exercise, being able to bike and walk around my new home. But if I want to have a treat or two one day, then I will! Denying myself this stuff only makes me stress and think about my body 24/7... consuming my daily thoughts.

So that's the plan! I'll still give measurements though... perhaps starting at the end of March, and then each month after that, if I feel it's worth reporting. No weight though... I don't like scales, and they're not always accurate. Muscle weighs more than fat, and I'll be building a lot in the next few months, so I'd rather not be bogged down by false numbers.

1 comment:

Slash said...

The slow approach is the best approach and will enable you to keep weight off longer, if not indefinitely. It IS about changing your lifestyle and NOT dieting. So, it sounds like you're on the right track - congrats!

As for muscle weighing more than fat, that's just not true. The more muscle you have, the more efficiently you burn fat, but you can't really say "I'm heavier because I'm growing muscle". Unless of course you started out with less than 5% body fat and there's nothing to lose.

I do cardio daily & resistance/weight training every other day and I'm on the scale EVERY morning. I used to be like you and justified not using a scale in one way or another, but the fact is, I avoided the scale because it told the TRUTH. Having accepted that fact, my scale is now my best friend. It helps me keep track of progress. It's easier to see what works best for my weight loss and lets me know when I've hit "plateaus" & need to change my exercise routine. I use the SAME scale at the SAME time wearing the SAME thing (naked) EVERY morning.

Regardless of what works for me, it might not work for someone else. Anyway, congratulations on your success, but consider giving the old truthful scale a try. You might surprise yourself - it can be very motivating!