05 February 2011

Follicles

So here's an example of what I see on the ultrasound monitor... except towards the end of the injections, I have at least triple this amount and they're much darker, bigger and closer together.



The nurse measures the size of the follicles during the ultrasound, by millimeters; 15x18mm is a decent example of a follicle pocket that has an egg that is ready for harvesting! So they basically quadruple in size in 7 days, which accounts for how bloated and sore you get. :P

2 comments:

TastyJack said...

is it sinking in yet, what you're about to?

Good luck!

becky said...

Yup! Second time around, so I'm fully aware and ready to be done. :)

The first time didn't sink in until I arrived for the extraction, and the nurse gave me a wrapped present and card that the couple had bought me as a thank you! I nearly lost it. :D