29 April 2008

3 Month Results

Hello all! As promised, here are my 3 month results. These past few months have been challenging and tough, but I think I'm at a pretty good spot, considering my "comfortably slow" weight-loss attitude and occasional bad eating habits.

My routine:
• BodyPump twice a week at the YMCA (missed a few sessions)
• Pilates for Abs (DVD by Kathy Smith) four days a week for the past five weeks
• P.M. Yoga two to four times a week (DVD)
• Lite Caesar salad with shrimp, for various meals, three times a week for the past five weeks

Combined with my 6-week results I posted previously, the 3 month total inch loss is 5 inches! Areas of inch loss include my lower thighs, upper thighs, tummy, and waist. I gained a total of 2.5 inches of muscle mass, too, which include my arms, lower thighs and chest.

I'm very happy with these results, considering my 'take it easy' weight-loss attitude. The next time I do measurements will probably be in two months.

As far as the Dex, I haven't been taking it as religiously as I was last month. Overall, it hasn't made me lose weight or fat; however, it has helped my hunger pains feel less intense, it helps me eat less during meals, and it control my sweet-tooth cravings. So it does work... just not for strict fat reduction in my body type.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Becky,
I wanted to let you know that this Dex hasn't really done anything for me, it just doesn't seem strong enough.
The only thing I have felt from it, is that it's given some extra energy for my spin classes in the morning. It doesn't help burn fat, or stored fat I should say, and it doesn't help me with my apitite.
I'm at the gym 5 days a week, spinning 3 of those days an hour each time, and Boot Camp the other 2 days, along with running the treadmill afterward.
I love working out, but thought the Dex would help improve my stamina and also help me with my apatite.
I'm trying now the Hoodoba, a brand of Hoodia. Suppose to have Pure Hoodia in it, with no other ingrediants, the Hoodoba was the puriest I found on the internet.
So gonna give this a try.
Just wondering if taking more Dex would help, I haven't seen anywhere that say to take more then the dosage they say to take on the bottle.

Nita

becky said...

Nita,
Sorry to hear it's not working for you. I myself was the opposite - it helped my appetite a lot, but didn't give me extra energy or stamina (that I noticed, anyway). Good luck with the Hoodia! I tried that, too. It was an all-natural, vegetarian form, but that didn't work for me at all.

You can take more than two Dex a day, but don't exceed 6, as it says on the bottle. I've stopped taking mine though... and have a few left over I'm not sure what to do with. Taking it for those few months helped get me started in my workout routine a lot!

Anonymous said...

I might do that try taking 2 twice a day. I like taking it before my spin classes, it gives me that extra energy boost for a good hour hard class.
My fiance says he notices the difference, I'm more lean, but I think when we look in the mirror we always see something different then what everyone else sees.
Thanks for the answer, I will try taking the two a day, I bought 3 bottles at one time, so I might as well finish it up. :)

Nita